"Labor" Day!
Though we were hoping Tyler would be born on Labor Day, it obviously didn't happen! Tyler's official due date was on September 14th, and still we waited. Though I was having intense Braxton Hicks contractions all month, he continued to fool us and be completely content where he was. After all, he did have a nice cozy jacquzzi to swim around in, who would want to leave that? After what felt like forever, on Tuesday, September 21st we were scheduled to be induced. We drove the the hospital at 6:30 in the morning. We were so excited, we pretty much didn't sleep the night before. It was like Christmas, only better!
Here is tired daddy driving us to the hospital.
Room 21 on the 21st? Good luck, I decided!!!
I was induced at 8:00 in the morning. They gave me some medication to help me dilate, hooked me up to the monitors, and started monitoring my progress. I thought being incuded would be a quick process, little did I know! All day I was hooked up and bed ridden and made NO progress. So they gave me more medicine that would last the whole night, and finally by the next morning I was ready for the next step- Pitocin to start my contractions.
All I could eat was this jello. Well, I could drink some nasty beef broth but chose not to. This was the last time I smiled eating jello, it quickly got very old!!!
The next morning I started Pitocin at 8:00. The contractions started getting worse and worse. My family loved taking pictures of me in pain. :)
This is the last picture before the craziness began! By about 12 o'clock, the contractions were about 2-4 minutes apart and getting much stronger. Then all of a sudden, while I was in this rocker, by water broke and literally flooded the hospital floor! Mike was sitting next to me and his jeans got soaked! SOOO much fluid was lost my belly barely looked pregnant anymore! After that my contractions got about 4 times worse- TERRIBLE!!!- that I immediately requested the epidural. It took about 20 minutes for the anesthesiologist to come, the longest 20 minutes of my life! He gave me the epidural and about 10 minutes later, life was better. Next, the nurse came to check to see if I was dilate anymore. While checking me she looked up and said with a panic look "I have to go get the doctor!" and ran out of the room. I tried to stay calm, and the doctor came in within minutes. She checked me again and said "Yep, I defnintely feel a hand... and an arm.... you're going to have a c-section!" Tyler was coming out hand first! The funny thing is the whole day, I had told people that I could feel his hand coming out, and no one believed me. But it was true- he wanted to wave "hi" to the world!
Here is the amazing nurse explaining to me what was about to happen. The only good parts were "you'll get to meet your son in 20 minutes!" and "don't worry- you can still wear a bikini!"
It only took about 20 minutes from when they told me to get me in the O.R.
Mike is ready to go, making a few phone calls beforehand.
A few last pics.
And then they wheeled me away.... a few minutes later Tyler was born!! Here are some pictures Mike took in the Operating Room. The doctors pulled Tyler out and his arms were wide spread, as he loves to still do. It was the most surreal, amazing experience ever, and the moment I saw him I knew he was perfect!
Our first family photo. A moment of pure bliss.
The proud papa.
Back in the recovery room. So glad to have a healthy baby boy!
A family of three!
"So this is what my daddy looks like..."
Hat by Grandma, blanket by Auntie- this lil guy will be taken care of!!
Finally they get to be Auntie and Uncle!
In love already!
Already a diaper changing pro- though the first changes are quite challenging!!
Here are some of our many visitors- The Priego Family!
Priceless.
We spent three days straight in this room. I loved being waited on, taken care of, and just being able to hold my baby with nothing to worry about. Mike was going "a little" stir crazy! His bed was tiny little bench with a cushion on it under the window, so needless to say, neither of us slept much for three nights in a row!
Me and Ty Ty
I already love being a mommy!
Daddy took the bed to try to get some sleep! Tyler spent lots of time sleeping on our chests.
So big!!!
Cutest little face I've ever seen!
Such a sleepy lil guy those first few days.
Saturday morning, we were finally ready to go home!
All dressed to go home, but still kind of upset from having recently been circumcised! It was not a fun experience!!
He did not like his car seat very much- until his monkey started singing to him.
"Get me out of here!!!"
Look how skinny I am!
Family photo in front of the hospital
Daddy getting Ty in the car.
We were so excited for his first car ride, but he was asleep before we even got in the car and missed the whole thing. All that crying wore him out!
Dreaming about all the good things to come! We love this little guy!!!
Yeah!!! A new blog to follow!! I love looking at the pictures and hearing what you guys are up to! The pictures are darling and Ty is such a cutie pie. We need to get together because it has been entirely too long since I have held a non-squirmy baby!
ReplyDelete